The MTC Dome is committed to empower and inspire Namibians through sport. As the largest and most versatile indoor sports facility in Namibia, the MTC Dome High-Performance Centre is an international ASPC-accredited entity and multi-functional sports destination located in beautiful Swakopmund.
This is going to be an event of national importance, as it will bring together talented Namibians and key regional and global sports stakeholders, generating significant value for all participants. Our focus will be on new training methodology, high-performance sport and development pathways, the latest sports apparel and equipment as well as creating new affiliations and partnerships. This is aligned with the Namibian National Sports Commission’s Strategic Plan “to ensure and enable an environment and high-performance culture” to guarantee the expectations it has for skills training in generating much-needed momentum for growth and development of sport at all levels”.
The event is to include the following components:
Sport has the power to change the nation, it has the power to inspire and create hope. It has the power to unite people in a way that little else does. It speaks to youth in a language they understand. Join us and be part of MTC Dome’s vision to unleash the potential of our future stars.
Medical tourism is a known concept in many countries around the world and could unlock immense economic potential for Namibia, especially in smaller towns which have very limited and diversified economic capacity.
Fanus Engelbrecht, CEO at MTC Dome in Read more
What is the MTC Dome Decathlon?
A circuit relay event, whereby the local sports enthusiast can compete in a variety of sports codes to test their endurance, strength and skill, whilst having fun along the way. The teams will participate in various activities, for example; wall climbing, around-the-world table tennis, skills and drills for indoor hockey and soccer, basketball and volley challenges, and other fitness and endurance sports.
How it works:
There will be 10 stations, each focusing on a different sports code, that will be circuited in a time-based manner. The teams will consist of 6 members, giving them the option to decide which members would be best suited for each station. Also providing a rest period for the non-participating members of that station.
09:00 – Registration10:00 – Games begin12:30 – Games end13:00 – Prize Giving on Rooftop Deck13:30 – Lunch (Pizza and Bar)15:00 – Event Closed
Prizes:Various vouchers to the value of N$10 000.
Stations for the event:
1. Table TennisComplete 2 sets of around-the-world without dropping the ball or failing the rally.
2. Volleyball Court:Complete 12 passes to complete the station. Rally over the net with 2 members on each side. 12 Passes to be completed in order to stop the timer.
3. Small Court Soccer:Indoor Soccer Drills and Skills on the timer.
4. Small Court Indoor Hockey:Indoor Hockey drills and skills on the timer.
5. Gymnastics:Obstacle course to be completed by all 4 members before the timer is stopped.
6. Open Area:High-Performance Training Centre HIIT Course.
7. Big Rink Inline Hockey:Inline Hockey will run a skill and drill station.
8. Big Rink Basketball:Basketball free throw station. Complete 5 free throws for each member.
9. Open Area:Spinning 1km on time. 2 members
10. Open Area:Push up challenge on time.
Results are to be calculated after all teams complete all stations.
* Complete the entry form and continue to payment.Entries close on 27 July 2022
+264 81 325 5663
View Organizer Website